Jun 29, 2022
The Master of Health Services Administration is designed for the individual employed in the health care field who wishes to pursue a program of graduate study in middle-level health care administration. This program is available in both the traditional and online formats.
Admission to the Program
- Must meet all general requirements for admission to the graduate school of Mississippi College.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree in one of the Healthcare Sciences from an accredited college or university, or hold a bachelor’s degree in a related field with a minimum of one year of experience in the health care field.
- GRE Requirement: GRE Requirement: A verbal score of 146 or greater (equivalent to 400-450) and a quantitative score of 140 or greater (equivalent to 400-450), or one of these scores on either section and a score of 2.5 on the writing assessment of the GRE, is required. The verbal and quantitative scores will not be combined. If these requirements are not attained after two attempts, applicant may contact the MHSA faculty advisor to determine whether he or she may qualify under an alternate equation that factors in the undergraduate GPA.
- Must show credit for Accounting Principles I as prerequisite for HSA 6507 - Healthcare Financial Management .
Requirements of the Program
1. Must complete a minimum of 30 semester hours of graduate work.
2. Required courses (24 sem. hrs.):
3. Elective Courses (6 sem. hrs.):
The student chooses two courses from the list below. In a special case, a student may, in consultation with the advisor, choose a graduate course not listed if that elective will suit the student’s background and particular needs better than those listed below.
- ACC 6501 - Accounting Issues in Business Decisions Credits,: 3 sem. hrs.
- AJU 5515 Seminar in Contemporary Terrorism Credits, 3 sem. hrs.
- COM 5401 - Dynamics of Group Communication Credits,: 3 sem. hrs.
- COM 5402 - Listening Credits,: 3 sem. hrs.
- COM 5403 - Negotiation Credits,: 3 sem. hrs.
- COM 5443 - Public Relations Credits,: 3 sem. hrs.
- COM 5449 - Intercultural Communication Credits,: 3 sem. hrs.
- COM 6504 - Persuasion Credits,: 3 sem. hrs.
- ECO 6531 - Economics of the Firm (Microeconomics) Credits,: 3 sem. hrs.
- ENG 5452 - Professional Writing Credits,: 3 sem. hrs.
- HSA 6531 - Contemporary Issues in Healthcare Credits,: 3 sem. hrs.
- GBU 6552 - Law and Ethics in the Business Environment Credits,: 3 sem. hrs.
- MGT 5474 - Human Resources Management Credits,: 3 sem. hrs.
- MKT 5482 - Retailing and E-Commerce Credits,: 3 sem. hrs.
- HSA 6590 - Basic Healthcare Financial Management Credits,: 3 sem hrs
- PSY 6515 - Advanced Developmental Psychology Credits,: 3 sem. hrs.
- PSY 6506 - Multicultural Counseling Credits,: 3 sem. hrs. or
- COU 6506 - Multicultural Counseling Credits,: 3 sem. hrs.
1 Course offered infrequently (for example, once every other year)