Master of Music Degree (M.M., M.M.Ed.)
The Master of Music degree may be earned in Music Education, Music Performance, Piano Pedagogy, and Vocal Performance and Pedagogy. All courses are chosen in consultation with a music advisor.
Admission to the Program
1. All general requirements for admission to the graduate school of Mississippi College must be met.
2. An undergraduate degree in music.
3. A sample of representative work from one or more of the following: an audition, an interview, or a 15 minute unedited video of teaching or conducting (for the M.M. in Music Education and M.M. in Performance: Conducting.)
4. A minimum 2.5 GPA in music courses over the last sixty hours of academic work.
5. Three letters of recommendation.
All degree candidates must pass the departmental comprehensive examinations in their last semester of graduate study or the following semester. Written Comprehensives are scheduled three weeks before the end of each semester and are based on a comprehensive knowledge of graduate course work. Oral Comprehensives are scheduled one week following the Written Comprehensives for all degrees.
Graduate students may take applied studies for 1, 2 or 3 credit hours.
Prerequisites: Graduate standing with sufficient background in subject area is a prerequisite for all graduate courses.